Important info: Kimberley Floods
In a life threatening situation call 000.
Alerts and Information
For SES Emergency assistance call 132 500.
For the latest flood information call 1300 659 210
Stay away from power supplies within flooded areas
Kimberley Flooding volunteer registration:
If you’re in the region and interested in volunteering, please submit your details: https://emergency.volunteer.org.au/volunteer-registration/7/kimberley-flooding#for
- Commonwealth Bank: Emergency Assistance to customers and businesses in flood-affected areas in the Kimberley: https://www.commbank.com.au/articles/newsroom/2023/01/commbank-flood-emergency-assistance.html
- National Australia Bank: Financial support to customers impacted by flooding – for those who live in officially declared disaster areas: https://www.nab.com.au/about-us/social-impact/disaster
- ANZ customers affected by flooding can contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or at anz.com.au/support/natural-disaster-support/.
- Westpac financial assistance – Customers can apply online or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497. Business customers who need support can contact their Relationship Manager or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497.
Far North does not currently endorse any specific appeal over another
- Foundation for Indigenous Sustainable Health (FISH) Kimberley Flood Donations : https://shop.fish.asn.au/collections/make-a-difference/products/fitzroy-crossing-kimberley-flood-donations?
- Marninwarntikura Fitzroy Crossing Flood Relief: https://mwrc.com.au/pages/donations?
- Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund appeal for the Kimberley Floods: https://appealswa.org.au/current-appeals/
- Leedal Foundation Flood Appeal (via facebook): https://www.facebook.com/donate/689452392905125/
National Media Coverage
Via Google Alerts
- Staged re-opening for flood damaged section of Great Northern Highway
- WA's Great Northern Highway to reopen after devastating flooding cut road between Broome ... - ABC
- Alleged murderer's messages after killing a sex worker in ritzy Sydney suburb
- Weeks after floods, broken pipe still dumps sewage into Martuwarra Fitzroy River
- Diggers train first Ukrainian recruits - Defence
- Great Northern Highway to reopen between Broome and Derby by Main Roads escort
- Shepparton boxer and plumber in floods chat with Prince William