As a registered provider for the NDIS, Far North Community Services is energetic, optimistic, values driven and here for you.
Our team has many years of experience supporting people with disabilities and their families and we are passionate about quality services. We work with you to achieve your goals, keep your families strong and empower you to manage your NDIS plan.
WHAT WE DO
Far North Community Services are a registered therapy provider for the NDIS
for the Kimberley. With bases in Broome, Derby, Fitzroy Crossing, Halls Creek and Kununurra, Far North are passionate about delivering functional, person and family centred therapy services.
A flexible, transdisciplinary, evidence-based and creative approach, Far North Therapy Services work with you and your family to develop a therapy plan that is tailored to your individual circumstances.
Far North are registered to provide:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
Our therapy vision is to work with you to increase your independence and make sure therapy services are fun, built into your everyday life and holistic in their approach.
A Support Coordinator can help you to connect with services in your area, or to coordinate all of the supports and services in your NDIS plan. Our Support Coordinators are well-connected in the community, have many years of experience and have wide networks, they can give you information that helps with decision-making.
Your Far North Support Coordinator will help you build the skills you need to get the services in your plan. This may include achieving your goals, living more independently, increasing your skills and being included in your community and in employment.
Specialist support coordination is a higher level of support coordination. It is for people whose situations are more complex and who need specialist support, our Therapy team can assist with this.
How we can help you:
- Understand your plan and what supports and services you can pay for with your NDIS funding.
- Understand what is the responsibility of other services, such as the health or education systems, or your state or territory government.
- Connect with community and other government services.
- Find providers who meet your needs and will help you achieve your goals.
- Put service agreements and service bookings in place with your providers.
- A point of contact if you have questions, concerns or something in your life changes.
If you choose to use Far North as your Plan Manager, we will pay your providers for the supports you purchase directly from the budgets in your plan, help you keep track of your funds and do any financial reporting for you. Depending on your circumstances, as your Plan Manager we can also help you choose your providers.
A Plan Manager is funded within your plan and we are here to help you.
Fee for Service
Far North can provide supports and services tailored for people on a fee for service model. This means that you can pay Far North directly for a range of individually tailored support and services.
Fee for Service is an ideal way for people to purchase additional services or access services whilst you are developing your NDIS plan. For further information please contact staff at one of our 5 locations across the Kimberley. Far North has a number of MOU’s and contracts in place to support existing organisations deliver services via MOU and subcontract arrangements.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR PLAN AND SUPPORTS
WHAT ARE REASONABLE AND NECESSARY SUPPORTS
The NDIS funds reasonable and necessary supports that help you achieve your goals and reach your greatest potential.
What comes under the reasonable and necessary banner?
- Pursue your goals, objectives and aspirations
- Increase your independence
- Increase social and economic participation, and
- Develop your capacity to actively take part in the community.
Plans developed must:
- Be related to the participant’s disability
- Be related to the participant’s disability
- Not include day-to-day living costs that are not related to a participant’s disability support needs
- Represent value for money
- Be likely to be effective and beneficial to the participant, and
- Take into account informal supports given to participants by families, carers, networks, and the community.
SAFEGUARDS, COMPLAINTS AND FEEDBACK
At Far North we take our responsibility to safeguard you and your family member seriously.
We do this by:
- Including you in the recruitment process to ensure we employ good staff
- Training our staff how to support you
- Meeting the National Standards for Disability Services
- Making it easy for you or your family to complain and then responding to resolve your complaint
Where Do I Start?
Our experienced team is here to help you with your plan. Once you have agreed your plan with your Local Coordinator, you can feel secure knowing that reasonable and necessary supports will be available so you achieve these. We can help you develop steps to achieve these goals, find a support worker who fits with your family and get everything started with you.