- We know much more about Covid now than we did two years ago. We are prepared and ready to support and keep people safe during a heavy caseload environment.
- We have a team who meet weekly to monitor PPE and RAT stock levels to ensure we have sufficient supply to keep people we support and our employees safe.
- Our Covid Management Team currently meet two times a week.
- All the people we support have a Covid Safety Plan.
- All our workers are vaccinated.
- The reality of a person we support or one of our employees contracting Covid in a heavy caseload environment is likely.
- We are here to support you and we will listen. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.
COVID UPDATE – Far North Response 1 March
Flood waters in Fitzroy have begun to subside, and the damage caused by the disaster is a confronting sight across the community.
Pictured top left is our Fitzroy Crossing office, with a water mark up to the windows visible.
We’ve unfortunately lost a modified vehicle and our newer Hilux to the floods. But as is often the way, the older Hilux looks to have survived – whilst serving as temporary shelter for the snake pictured in the left lower row.
Massive thanks and commendations to our remarkable team working in Fitzroy Crossing! We’d like to acknowledge our Fitzroy Coordinator Sim, who has shown remarkable leadership and resilience throughout the flood crisis. Throughout the flood crisis, our crew have been an inspiration and Far North Community Services could not be prouder of their amazing efforts. Far North would also like to extend huge thanks to Marra Worra Worra for all their assistance and for the dedicated work they have undertaken for the community.