- Level 1 public health measures are currently in place for the Kimberley region
- Level 2 public health measure will be effective from 12.01am Thursday 3 March
- On Monday 28 February at 1:45pm Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services confirmed the following cases
- 1 positive case in Broome
- 2 positive cases in Halls Creek
- Bidyadanga and Beagle Bay cleared of COVID-19: based on follow up pathology testing
- Far North adhere to all government mandates including:
- Mask wearing and PPE
- Social distancing
- The Broome hub have implemented daily RAT testing, 4 hourly temperature checks and increased cleaning and PPE in all Supported Independent Living (SIL) settings.
- Staff must return a negative RAT test 1 hour prior to providing support.
- All staff have been trained in infection control and follow correct procedure.
- We support the WA Governments Free Rapid Antigen Tests for Western Australians program
- We will continue to provide safe supports to people with disability and their families during the pandemic, including people who have covid. We will always be guided by individuals and their families about what support they need.
COVID UPDATE – Far North Response
Our COIVD management team have been meeting with and learning from other organisations who have been through very high caseloads of covid with people they support and staff testing positive for covid. The strong messaging we are receiving is that most people experience a very mild illness for about three days. High levels of people with triple vaccinations, using PPE, competing your RAT’s and monitoring closely for symptoms means we stay on top of the situation. We have all of these things in place and a management team that is meeting regularly to stay up to date with the latest information and mandates. Our staff are trained, skilled, resilient and team players. We are all here for each other and Far North will offer support for our staff based on your individual situation. If you are unsure about anything please ring your line manager. Key Points 3:58pm Monday 28 February 2022